We had a fabulous Easter! For starters, Truett got to come home. Abby Anne enjoyed spendingd time with her Uncle T-but didn't get quite enough time in. She looks forward to seeing him again in a couple of weeks. We dyed Easter eggs at Emmie's house on Good Friday. Abby Anne was very "into it." She loved it. She hasn't quite got the concet of how fragile the eggs are though. She enjoyed PLOPPING them down into the dye...so a few eggs were a little cracked...no big deal! Just adds a little character-right?
On Saturday, we went to the Easter Egg hunt that our church has every year. It was a blast! Abby Anne loved sitting in the Easter Bunny's lap and kept wanting to go back to visit every few minutes. (Which I found to be a bit strange since she was terrifed of Santa....but whatever!) She did great hunting the eggs...unlike her mommy when she was a little girl. Hopefully Abby Anne picked up Stephen's Easter egg hunting skills! I will say-that Abby Anne had found one more last egg at the hunt and a bigger boy came and grabbed it right up from under her. I guess I had flashbacks from my childhood, but I was ready to let that boy have it...who cares that he was four and I am 28...he stole my baby's egg!!! Stephen told me I had to let it go-but I am still bitter-can you tell?
On Easter Sunday, the Easter Bunny left Abby Anne an Easter basket full of goodies right outside her bedroom door. It was so exciting. Then, Abby Anne got all dressed up in her beautiful Easter dress, and we went to church to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior. On the way to church, I took the opportunity to talk to Abby Anne about what Easter really means. in the process, I asked her, "Isn't it exciting and wonderful that Jesus did for you and rose three days later?" She responded by saying very excitedly, "BUNNY!" Oh dear!! We might have a little more work to do in that area!! But she is only 2 years old after all. I know the Lord will work in her sweet, tender heart as the days go by. She already enjoys singing about Jesus all of the time! (Some of her favorites are Jesus Loves Me an The B-I-B-L-E.) After church, we went in the HORRIBLE weather (it was pouring cats and dogs!) to go eat with Weezie and Pops and then had an indoor egg hunt at their house. Once again- Abby Anne loved it...and this time I didn't feel the need to threaten or beat up any small children-since she was the only one hunting eggs!
Easter was wonderful. The Lord is so good...what a gift!! It truly is amazing...what He did for us on the cross!
1 comment:
Abby Anne looked so cute in her beautiful dress. I, too, hope she has her daddy's egg-hunting skills and has no egg hunt breakdowns as you enjoyed more than one year! Cline liked to plop the eggs into the dye rather hard, as well.
Post a Comment