Thursday, February 5, 2009

Shud-uh, Mommy!

Well- if you haven't guessed already- the title of this post is Abby Anne's version of "Shut up, Mommy!" You got it- our sweet, innocent little angel has told Mommy to shud-uh! The first time we heard this come out of her mouth- Stephen and I were watching American Idol- and we, along with the people actually auditioning, were singing very loudly and very obnoxiously! Abby Anne yelled at the top of her lungs, "SHUD-UH!" Stephen and I instantly looked at each other and questioned whether she actually said what we thought she had said...she said it a few more times...but then we didn't hear it again until the following week, during American Idol! I once again, decided to sing in my loudest, most obnoxious voice. This time, Abby Anne looked up at me, smiled, and most politely said, "Shud-uh, Mommy!" I had to straighten my face, and tell Abby Anne that she could not say that! (It was very hard to keep a straight face!) And if you are wondering- NO! Stephen and I DO NOT USE THAT WORD IN OUR HOUSE!! I will not tell you who I think she learned it from- but I will say it was being said to a dog- not a person! (You know who you are- you can thank me later for keeping your identity confidential!! haha!)

Abby Anne says sweet things, too! I gave her her supper the other night and walked across the room to continue gathering everything up, and she reached out her hand and said, "Mommy, Pray!" It is amazing how I can learn a lesson from my 2 year old. Even she, at the age of 2, knows how important it is to thank the Lord for the things He has blessed us with. Let's just hope that is what sticks with her, and not SHUD-UH!!

4 comments:

The Yanceys said...

I love it! I will be a miricle if my kids don't say that word since I use it ALL of the time! Seth is always getting on to me. I love to say that and butt head and stupid and things like that. Seth loves using a little four letter word that starts with an "H". I'm sure you can guess. I am also sure that they will never say that. It will be one of my lovely words that they repeat. By the way, you might want to work on your Lilypie. I think Abby Anne is older than that???? LOL

Molly and Kevin Strom said...

I love this is post....you should tell you shud-up and she would say "ok" haha she agrees with everything it is so cute. Also, go to my page...i put out of eden on my play list.

The Farrells said...

you need to talk about her saying "oh man". that is the funniest! and shame on whoever taught her to say such a bad word!!
my guess is that it was emmie.

The Greenfield Family said...

Carter Wayne says OH MY Gosh! He knows it is wrong and he gets in trouble. My dad said it in front of him not long ago and I "put him in time out." Carter Wayne went over and whispered to him "I say oh my gosh, too Paw Paw". Kids, what are we going to do with them. :)