As many of you know, we had our first doctor's appointment for the baby on Thursday. I was 10 weeks. Dr. Wendel did an ultrasound and was not able to find the heartbeat. I had surgery on Friday, and now- Stephen, Abby Anne, and I are trying to process what has occurred and move on with our life as the Lord would have us to. We have experienced so many feelings over the past few days. We have lost a baby- our baby....we never got to hold our precious baby, sing to our baby, and Abby Anne never got to boss that little baby around...but one day- we will see our baby face to face. So many songs and Bible verses have been flooding my mind over the past days, and I wanted to share them:
"Sorrow may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning."
"Great is thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see!"
"When peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrow like sea billows roll, WHATEVER MY LOT, thou hast taught me to say, it is well- it is well with my soul."
"I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth."
"I will praise you in this storm, I will lift my hands
For you are who you are, no matter where I am.
Every tear I cry, you hold in your hands
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm!"
Please pray for us during the next days...that we will have peace and know that our baby is with Pop, Grandma, and Grandpa Carlisle....and JESUS!! And we will get to join the party with our precious baby one day soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How my heart hurts for you. You're an amazing mom, Holly, and I know God has a plan for you through this. None of your sacrifice has been in vain. Like David said in 2 Samuel 12:23 when he lost his son, you will go to your precious baby someday and see him or her face to face. We love you.
I am so sorry. I do not have words for you, but I will keep you in prayer.
Holly,
I have been thinking of your for a few days now, and I am so sorry for your loss. I know that baby was so real to you. You sound like you are being strong and have turned to the right person, God, to help you all through this time. God has a vital plan for all that is going on, we just don't always know the reason behind it. But we can have comfort in knowing that God knows what he is doing!! Praise the Lord for his soverignity.
Love ya,
Devin
Post a Comment