Monday, September 8, 2008
ABBY ANNE IS GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER!!
"If you ask for anything in my name, you will receive it." John 14:14- this verse is marked in my Bible and has the date August 2, 2008. On that day, we began praying that the Lord would give us another baby and allow us to be pregnant soon! This is a verse that Stephen and I have claimed over the past month. We are so excited to announce that the Carlisle family is growing! We will be adding baby #2 this spring (Beginning of May or end of April.) As many of you know, being pregnant, and even trying to get pregnant is very hard for me. I have a genetic disorder called PKU that requires you to be on a very strict diet when trying to have a baby and especially throughout your pregnancy. I also have to take between 50 and 100 pills each day that contain a formula that helps my body breakdown protein in my body and keep my phe levels low. I know this is all very confusing to most people and very hard for me to explain. But basically it just means I have to really watch what I eat- foods very low in protein- since my body can't break it down on it's own. I go in weekly to have blood tests to see what my levels are. They are supposed to be under 6 throughout the pregnancy...last week it was 4.8. This is a high risk pregnancy-just as Abby Anne's was....but I got through that fine and I know we will make it through this one as well. It does stress me out sometimes to think that the well being of my baby depends on me controlling my level- but I can do it- "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..." and I know it will be worth it when that healthy baby is here this spring. Our prayers have been so clearly answered....It amazes me when the Lord so clearly shows himself to us. I can not tell you how excited we are!! Please pray for the Carlisle family- all 4 of us- throughout the next months! God is so good!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! Abby Anne will be a great Big Sister. You are in our prayers. :)
Oh!! CONGRATS HOLLY!! I'm so happy for ya'll! I'll be praying for a safe/happy/healthy pregnancy and delivery! How far along does that make you?
A BIG congratulations from the Finton Family!!! We are so excited for yall. We will be praying for you and everything you have to endure through this pregnancy. Abby Ann is going to be a great big sister! I have a bunch of maternity clothes for you!
Congrats!! That is such good news to hear!
So awesome! I am so happy for you and know that the Lord will guide you through this just as he does everything else! Take care of yourself! Abby Anne is getting so big! She will be a great Big Sister! :) A
CONGRATULATIONS HOLLY!!! I am so excited for y'all! I will definitely be praying for you during this pregnancy!
As I have already told you I am thrilled to have a friend prego with me at the same time! I am looking forward to it and our DGroup together this year too! See you soon~
Abby Anne is going to love having someone to watch melmo with!!! I am praying those pills go down quick trust me I have smelled those things! Congrats can't wait to see the little one!
Congrats! That is very exciting! Good luck with your pregnancy!
Post a Comment