Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Why Yes!!! I am pregnant...WITH TWINS!

I am nearing the end of my pregnancy!! Praise the Lord!!! Who knew carrying twins was such hard work!!! I am beyond ready for Elizabeth Lynn and Gideon Andrew to get here!!! I have been pretty much "homebound" for a couple of months now...only getting out on rare occasions. I will be the first to admit....I AM HUGE!! No one needs to point this out to me...trust me...I KNOW! I never thought my belly could get this big...but crazy things happen when you have close to 12 pounds of baby in there. I just want to share for your entertainment some of the comments I have gotten over the past few months regarding my belly:

"Who are we- Octo-Mom?"
"Please tell me there is more than one baby in there!"
"Are you sure it is okay for you to fly?" (Note that I was only 24 weeks pregnant at this time!!)
"You look absolutely miserable!"
"Poor thing!"
"You are as big as a house!"
And my personal favorite is just a plain, simple "WHOA!!!!!!!"

These are only just a few comments I have gotten...not to mention the looks! I will say this pregnancy has had it ups and downs, but I could not be happier to have been blessed with these two precious babies: Gideon and Lizzy!! I know once they get here and I see their precious little faces- it will all be worth it!! NOW COME ON LIZZY AND GIDEON...(2 weeks if not sooner!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a picture of a) you & b) the nursery please.

The Purnell Family said...

Yes, we need pictures to proove it. :) ha! I get those Whoa! comments and I only have one! :)

The Hankins Family said...

Been there. Just remember the 2 sweet blessings that those same people will be ooing and ahhing over.

The Yanceys said...

Ok, so I am probably quilty of at least one of those comments. Well, maybe more than one, but it is all out of love. I promise. I need to come by and measure Abby Anne for her outfit before things get too crazy. Jacob had fun seeing "uncle" Stephen and Abby Anne at the zoo on Sat.