Friday, February 13, 2009

A DOUBLE BLESSING!!!!


Stephen, Abby Anne, and I are so excited to announce that we are expecting 2 BABIES!! That is right- TWINS!!!! We are still completely overwhelmed by the whole thing!!! We are so excited, though. As most of you know, we went through a hard time in October when we lost our baby. The Lord has now blessed us, doubly!! We went for our first doctor's visit today. I was so anxious to see that heartbeat since the last experience we had in an ultrasound room did not end the way we had planned. Not only did we see one healthy heartbeat...WE SAW TWO!! The first thing the ultrasound technician said to us was, "Guess what?" I honestly had no idea what she was about to say. Then she said, "There are two in there!!" I just smiled so big in disbelief! Stephen's mouth literally dropped to floor-where it still remains 12 hours later! I am not sure it has really sunk in yet. Stephen told me I need to let off some of my praying because the Lord is answering them double time!! haha! The ultrasound tech also had to label the babies baby A or baby B. She said the way they normally do this is by labeling the one on bottom A and the one on top B. Well- our babies were side by side...these two are already making things difficult!! I have a feeling this is just a small glimpse of how my life will be from now on....these twins in to everything TOGETHER!!! Oh my goodness!!! What are we going to do?!?! (Not to mention our Abby Anne!!!) I feel more blessed today than ever before. Please pray for a healthy pregnancy and for our two babies in what will soon be my BIG OLE BELLY!!!
"Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17

10 comments:

rfarrell said...

We are so excited about our twin cousins Aunt Holly!! We are going to have sooo much fun together. Love, Aislynn and Avalea

Levi J said...

Congrats!! That is great news!

The Fintons said...

Oh WOW! God is so good! A double Congrats from us.

Crowders said...

Oh my goodness !!!! That's incredible.... I am very very happy for the three of you! I wish you, A & B a healthy and happy pregnancy! Take care momma!

The Johnsons said...

ohhhh my gooooodnessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am committed to praying for all 5 of you!!!!
Katie J.

The Yanceys said...

We are still laughing at our house! It is going to be great. Hopefully there will be one little boy to go hunting with Stephen, Seth, and Jacob.

rachel said...

whooo hoooo!!! CONGRATULATIONS! you have been blessed so much! I am so excited for y'all!!!

Allyson Petty said...

Oh my goodness-how amazing!!! Congratulations!!!!

Erin said...

I'm so excited for you and Stephen! I hope that you have a wonderful and easy pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

congrats again my dear. can't wait for all 3 kiddos to come stay with their auntie d.
p.s. why am i not not a blogger buddy?