Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Abby Anne

It has been a long time since I have posted anything. Life has been somewhat crazy the last month or so. As you know, we lost our precious baby when we I was 10 weeks pregnant. We found out it was a girl. We already had her name picked out- Josie Lee. I have always looked upon Heaven as a wonderful place. But I can not even express to you how my thoughts have changed about Heaven since I lost my baby. I am more excited now than ever before to get there. I know when I get there- my baby girl will be waiting for me with open arms, running around crazy- just like her big sister, Abby Anne. Life on earth will never be complete, but when I get to my real home, with my Savior, he will have yet one more gift for this undeserving mommy. I will proudly get to hold and kiss my Josie Lee. As David said in the book of Samuel, my child will not return to me, but I WILL GO TO MY CHILD!!! And I look forward to that day!

Til then, life here goes on, and I enjoy each moment. I treasure Abby Anne even more now than ever. She is such a vibrant, energetic girl. She loves every moment of life. Yesterday, we took Abby Anne to the ER. She had a seizure. She has had 3 "febrile" seizures in the past year (fever related.) We have had an MRI and EEG and both came up clear. I can not explain what a helpless feeling it is to see your baby like that and not be able to help or protect her...that goes against everything I am as a Mommy. The doctors were great and have put Abby Anne on seizure medication for the next year or two in hopes that she will not have anymore- and that she will grow out of this. Please join me in praying that the medication will work and we won't have to experience anymore of those horrible seizures!!

I realize each day, more and more, that life is a gift from the Lord. He has blessed me beyond belief!! And I am so thankful for Stephen (what a great Daddy!!) and my precious Abby Anne!

3 comments:

rachel said...

Holly-you guy have been in my prayers and will continue to be-I am so glad that all of the tests came up clear for Abby Anne-I just hate y'all had to go through another seizure! I'll being praying that the medication will work.
She is just precious-the new picture of the 3 of you is the best - I LOVE HER BOOTS! Josie Lee is so blessed to have you and Stephen as her parents and Abby Anne as her big sister-what a day it will be when you get to see her!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pics of ya'll - Keren

Kasey said...

Holly-I came across your blog from Tamra Norman's. I hope it is okay that I came for a visit. I hate to hear about your baby, but what a blessing it will be when you do get to see her in heaven. God is so good and he has wonderful things in store for your family. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!